Monday 12 December 2011

Grafik Magazine Discontinued. The Future of Magazines?

I've recently heard about the magazine Grafik being discontinued. Just over a ago I had a subscription to the mag and did enjoy reading through the articles and reviews. It brings into mind the question of how important magazines are these days, especially when the internet is so readily available with it's mountain of up to date information. I like to have my magazines as reference material, but they take up so much room and sometimes finding an article or designer can take ages as I have to search through each journal. Using bookmarks on internet browsers are much easier, and you can search for words or phrases in text. Computers can break though, and what if all those bookmarks are lost? It would be as though someone has stolen your library, and I'm not sure if there's many of those crimes in the UK.

There's just something nice about having an item to own and keep. The internet is great, and I'm not giving up on magazines and books.

No comments:

Post a Comment