Monday 13 February 2012

Colour By Numbers

Colour by number sheets were very popular when I was younger, and they still are today. There's simple sheets like the example below, or much more complicated ones such as manga or a photographed scene. I find it relaxing and therapeutic to colour in one of the sheets, as I'm still creating something, yet it's not too taxing on the brain. I love colouring in (I once won a Butlins award for my colouring in!) and sometimes I like to go wild and swap the numbers and colours around to try something new out get some inspiration for new design work.

It was in these first practices of colouring in that probably influenced mine, and many other childrens love of art, so I'm going to explore them a bit, possibly make my own but with a twist.


No comments:

Post a Comment